What can I say about these delicious raw protein balls, they are divine & so fast and easy to make.
Perfect to pop into your bag for a Pre/Post gym snack.
What you will need
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup almonds
- ¼ cup raisins (or dried cherries) soaked in hot water for 5 minutes
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes, plus another ¼ cup for rolling (optional)
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- cinnamon to taste (about ¼ teaspoon)
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter( or peanut butter)
- Dark Chocolate melted (optional)
- Combine all three nuts in a food processor( I used a blender) and pulse a few times until they are finely chopped.
- Add remaining ingredients (except additional ¼ cup coconut flakes for rolling) to the food processor and process until the mixture comes together and starts to stick. This will only take about 1 minute.
- Transfer mixture to a small bowl.
- Pour remaining coconut flakes into a dish.
- Roll nut mixture into balls using your hands then place in the dish and roll in coconut flakes( roll in dark chocolate before coconut flakes)
- You can eat them as is or transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and refrigerate to firm them up a bit.
- Once refrigerated for about an hour, they can be wrapped up individually for easy snacking.
If you want to see more recipes like this please be sure to subscribe
Thanks for reading & enjoy 🙂 x