Here is yet another wonderful recipe I have to share with you. Do you suffer with a very sweet tooth?? Worry not, this delicious banoffee pie serves up to 8 people & is only 6 syns per serving.
- 10 reduced fat digestive biscuits, finely crushed
- 5 level tbsp low fat spread
- 2 x 12g sachets powdered gelatine
- 250g quark
- 3 x 175g pots Müllerlight Toffee Yogurt
- 3-4 tbsp sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 medium egg whites*
- 2 bananas, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C Fan/Gas 5. Line a 20cm spring-form
cake tin with baking parchment.
- Place the biscuits in a polythene bag, finely crush with a rolling pin and place in a bowl. Melt the spread and add to the biscuits. Stir to mix well and spoon this mixture into the base of the prepared tin and press evenly over the base. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Dissolve the gelatine in 5 tablespoons of boiling water.
- Whisk the quark in a bowl until smooth and stir in the yogurt, sweetener and vanilla.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold into the quark mixture with the gelatine liquid. Spoon over the prepared biscuit base, smoothing the top with a palette knife and chill for around 5 hours or until set.
- Remove the pie from the tin and place on a serving plate. Slice the bananas and arrange neatly on top of the pie. An optional finishing touch is to drizzle a little melted dark chocolate over the pie (1½ Syns per level teaspoon).
Thanks for reading xox